Holidays are a time when we revisit happy memories from our childhood: sitting around a fireplace with family, sharing traditional meals with familiar faces from the past, and experiencing the joy of youth all over again through children and grandchildren. And yet, holiday stress is common, especially for a family caregiver. Mayo Clinic has compiled a helpful list for Coping With Holiday Stress that you may find helpful. For family caregivers, one of the best resources available to you is Holiday Respite Care, freeing you up before or during the holidays so that you can be more productive and more rested during this important time of year.
Hill Country Care Providers offers Holiday Respite Care, helping to relieve family caregivers during the holidays. Our services cover a number of important duties such as:
- Companion Care, including watching movies or favorite television shows together
- Personal Care such as bathing, dressing, grooming, incontinent care or dental care
- Meal preparation, assisting with eating
- Transfers in and out of bed, wheelchair or motor vehicles
- Transportation to physician appointments, dentists, shopping or errands
- Spiritual activities that encompass singing, walking outside and accompanying to church
If you are a family caregiver, not only can you get temporary relief through Holiday Respite Care, but you will likely find that you are recharged and refreshed after the holidays so that you can better enjoy the time with your loved one. If you need Respite Care or Vacation Care in Austin, Texas, please contact Hill Country Care Providers for a free consultation.