Frequently Asked Questions
In brief, the answer is 'no'. Medicare Interactive (www.medicareinteractive.org) identifies home health care items NOT covered by Medicare as:
- 24-hour a day care at home
- Prescription drugs (must be enrolled in Medicare Part D)
- Meals delivered to your home
- Homemaker or custodial care services (i.e., cooking, shopping, laundry)
Hill Country Care Providers offers 24 hour in-home care services for our Austin, Texas clients, meaning that Medicare does not cover this care option. In fact, we are an entirely private pay home health agency. We are focused on providing premier in-home care, not simply on providing the minimal care covered by Medicare. Our clients either have additional long-term health care insurance or prefer to pay out of pocket for the best care available.
Hill Country Care Providers is a private pay agency and accepts payment via personal check or credit cards. HCCP offers assistance with filing claims on Long-term Care Insurance policies if clients hold such a policy.
HCCP has two licenses:
- A Personal Attendant Service license certified by the State of Texas agency Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) for non-medical private pay services.
- An LHH license (Licensed Home Health) for medical private pay services performed by our RNs and LVNs. Nursing staff are also licensed by the Department of Aging and Disability Services.
Caregivers are employees of HCCP. Their social security and payroll taxes are paid by the company. HCCP is also bonded and insured.
Yes, HCCP is owned and operated by Jackie Verdoorn, RN, MSN, BSN, CMC, who started the company in 2001.
Our Hiring Criteria and Training:
- We carefully screen and perform background checks on all employees.
- Employees are interviewed for experience and skills assessment.
- New employees regularly receive skills training by our nursing staff and experienced caregivers.
- Caregivers receive ongoing training classes for specific skills (i.e.. safety issues, blood pressure monitoring, infection control, caring for people with specific disease processes such as diabetes, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cardiac (CHF) and respiratory (COPD).
A Geriatric Care Manager (GCM) is a professional with specialized knowledge of local community resources and expertise in helping older people and their families with long-term care arrangements. They are usually nurses or social workers who have special training in gerontology.
From many years of experience working with seniors and their families, Jackie Verdoorn, RN, MSN, BSN, CMC, has developed an expertise in working out solutions and diffusing problems faced by older adults and an ability to handle the most challenging clients. Please call our office at (512) 402-1119 for further information.
Companion Care is professional care service primarily focused on emotional support, companionship and social activities for seniors who are generally healthy and want to remain independent at home.
Hill Country Care Providers offers Companion Care Services for our Austin, Texas clients. In addition to these basic care services, we serve a wide range of professional home health care needs including Skilled Nursing Care, Alzheimer's Care, Geriatric Care Management, Personal Care, 24/7 In Home Care and many other needs.
We take the time to find the best caregivers possible, not only performing rigorous background screening, but also seeking those who believe that their profession is not just a job, but a calling. Our caregivers become friends - almost family - with our clients. Just read some of our client testimonials.
Respite Care, also called Holiday Respite Care or Vacation Care, is temporary in-home elder care for family caregivers needing a break or a vacation. Hill Country Care Providers offers Austin, Texas clients Respite Care that covers Personal Care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, transportation to appointments, Companion Care, cognitive activities, spiritual activities, and at-home Recovery Care from day surgery.
Our nurses provide a range of important services, including:
- Geriatric care management
- Client assessment and customized plan of care
- Medication management
- Supervision of caregivers
- 24 hour/7 day per week on call for clients and caregivers
- Skilled nursing services upon request when all Medicare home health benefits have been exhausted
- Coordination of care with Medicare home health agencies
Areas We Serve
Based on where we have caregivers, we serve the following areas.
Here they are sorted by name: Anderson Mill, Austin, Barton Creek, Bee Cave, Briarcliff, Buda, Garfield, Hudson Bend, Jollyville, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Lost Creek, Oak Hill, Onion Creek, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Rollingwood, Round Rock, San Leanna, Shady Hollow, Sun City (Georgetown), The Hills, Volente, Webberville, West Lake Hills
Here they are sorted by zip code: 78610, 78613, 78641, 78652, 78664, 78681, 78701, 78702, 78703, 78704, 78705, 78712, 78717, 78721, 78722, 78723, 78726, 78727, 78728, 78729, 78730, 78731, 78732, 78733, 78734, 78735, 78736, 78737, 78738, 78739, 78741, 78742, 78744, 78745, 78746, 78747, 78748, 78749, 78750, 78751, 78752, 78753, 78754, 78756, 78757, 78758, 78759.