We are seeking a part-time or full-time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) who is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and compassion for our Austin, Texas clients.
Hill Country Care Providers is Austin's premier home health agency, serving the Austin community for more than twelve years. We are a privately owned and operated non-medical personal attendant service, a licensed medical home health agency and a geriatric care management agency. Hill Country Care Providers brings a higher standard of in-home care to Austin's adults, hiring the best caregivers possible. No other home health agency can offer the level of experience or training our staff brings to our clients and their families. Our caregivers undergo a rigorous interview and screening process to prepare them to work with the clients and their families.
If you are an experienced professional Certified Nursing Assistant looking for an exciting opportunity with an enthusiastic and dedicated home health care team, apply online here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide client care as directed by the Registered Nurse supervisor.
- Provide direct resident care as needed (bathing, dressing, grooming).
- Assist the client with toileting activities.
- Provide reminders for program activities and meals.
- Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
- Perform light housekeeping and laundry services
- Perform meal preparation and clean up
- Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
- Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed
- Maintain an orderly client environment.
- Assist and/or participate with residents in program activities and outings.
- Provide weekly housekeeping and laundry services.
- Work assigned schedules including weekends and holidays.
- Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
- Measure and record height and weight, if necessary.
- Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
- Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
- Provide client with help walking and transferring
- Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
- Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
- Participate in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
- Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure client’s rights are adhered to
- Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Use equipment properly and in a safe manner
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivated to work and grow with a senior population.
- Certified in CPR
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured.
Education and Experience:
- Six to twelve (6-12) months experience as a primary caregiver in Senior Living, Home Health or Skilled Nursing required.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Certification as a CNA in the State of Texas
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
We offer our employees:
- A stable, drug-free work environment.
- Flexible scheduling.
- An opportunity for advancement.
- Outstanding benefits for full-time employees.
- Continued in-service training and monthly communication written by an RN on all aspects of caring for senior adults.
- An extensive support system within Hill Country Care Providers.
- Thorough training to deal with our clients' needs.
- Competitive compensation for the experience you bring and dedication you bring.
Fax or apply online here.